There are additional applications that utilize the same server as the Thin Client (e.g. Control-M Jobs, Titanium Client, Splunk, and Defender). You are either facing or anticipating performance issues, therefore you would like to learn the minimum requirements for a server that has other applications along with Thin Client.
It is not recommended to run heavy-load processes from other applications along with Saratoga features on the same server, since this could lead to performance issues (as mentioned in the Saratoga Avenue Requirement article). If it is unavoidable to have other applications on the same server, please find below our recommendations on deciding the server specifications:
- Please consider the minimum requirements stated for each of the other applications that run on the same server. Examples:
- It is advisable to merge the minimum requirements for each of the applications and use a server whose specifications are an aggregate of each of the applications. Examples with 3 apps:
- If each application recommends a minimum of 4GB RAM, it would be preferable for a smooth experience that you use a server with 12GB RAM.
- If each of the applications requires a dual-core processor with 1GHz clock rate, then it would be preferable to use a processor with 6 cores and ideally 3GHz clock rate.
- If the above is not feasible, it is advisable to at least have a server whose specifications are higher than the recommended requirements for each of the applications individually.