Article Original Creation Date: 2010-03-11
For Customers running multi-tenant mode. Few users who are using 2 different schemas are required to re-enter the Company Id in the login screen to login to different schemas. Their idea was to set up separate URL shortcuts to login to Thin Client each for each different schema; so that each time the user will see the respective company id already populated on the login screen and does not have to re-enter it.
In general, the information on the login screen is saved in cookies and hence, it is NOT possible to create so-called " URL shortcuts " for ThinClient.
As a workaround to this problem, Wellpoint was able to use Windows authentication and a portal approach: Authentication mode to be used should be Windows Authentication.
In Avenue 6.7, if one uses Windows Authentication then the server will know who is accessing Avenue. So, the portal program automatically takes the user to the proper Avenue system. By doing portal entrance, one does not need multiple URLs for the different Avenue systems, it simplifies to a single URL in the user’s computer, and the user does not need to know the Company ID.
Here's the flow:
The user navigates to the URL.
- If the user has only one Avenue authorized to access, the portal will automatically login the user and take the user to its home page of that Avenue.
- If the user has more than one Avenue system assigned, the portal page will prompt the user to select the Avenue system
- If the user gets an Avenue Login page, it is because of one of two reasons:
- The user is not assigned to any Avenue system.
- The user is not appropriately set up in Uadmin for Windows Authentication.